Rating:

Author: Antonio Mu?oz Molina
ISBN : B00AUZS5IY
New from $15.12
Format: PDF
Download books file now Epub In the Night of Time from mediafire, rapishare, and mirror link
October 1936. Spanish architect Ignacio Abel arrives at Penn Station, the final stop on his journey from war-torn Madrid, where he has left behind his wife and children, abandoning them to uncertainty. Crossing the fragile borders of Europe, he reflects on months of fratricidal conflict in his embattled country, his own transformation from a bricklayer’s son to a respected bourgeois husband and professional, and the all-consuming love affair with an American woman that forever alters his life.
Winner of the 2012 Prix Méditerranée Étranger and hailed as a masterpiece, In the Night of Time is a sweeping, grand novel and an indelible portrait of a shattered society, written by one of Spain’s most important contemporary novelists.
Books with free ebook downloads available Epub In the Night of Time [Kindle Edition]
- File Size: 2292 KB
- Print Length: 657 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 0547547846
- Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt; Tra edition (December 3, 2013)
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00AUZS5IY
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
X-Ray:
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #146,743 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Epub In the Night of Time
Very seldom do I put a book down because it is unreadable. I received this book three weeks ago and have tried to read it three times since then. Each time, I have had to put it down and move to another book. I have finished each of the other books in a short time. I don't know what is wrong between me and this book. I read a lot about the Spanish Civil War, and I looked forward to reading this book. I have books by Garcia Marquez; Allende; Manuel de lope; Javier Sierra, etc. I love the way Spanish translates into English. There is none of the awkwardness which a translator sometimes runs into when translating other languages into English. There is no reason why I shouldn't like this book, but I don't
I should mention that it may be the story itself to which I am resistant. Ignacio Abel, the anti-hero, has left his wife and three children, in war torn Madrid to travel to America. They must fend for themselves in a city under siege. Abel hasn't left his family to travel to America to make a better living for them. He has followed his mistress, an American woman, to New York in order to continue their affair.
Abel is a middle aged architect who, himself, admits he is mediocre. He envys those such as Dali, Lorca, Morena Villa and Buenel, who are the same age, with whom he went to school and who have become international names in literature and the arts. He knows he is too old to ever become anything more than he is now. All in all, this is not a scenario to give hope to the reader. This guy has no redeeming qualities. It is hard to spend time reading about this guy feeling sorry for himself.
I still remember how excited I was to get this book, and it makes my disappointment that much greater. However, we can't forget that Antonio Munoz Molina is a celebrated writer.
Download Link 1 -
Download Link 2