Rating:

(6 reviews)
Author: Visit Amazon's Antonio Muñoz Molina Page
ISBN : 0547547846
New from $21.34
Format: PDF
Free download Epub In the Night of Time for everyone book mediafire, rapishare, and mirror link
Review
"…a large rough-cut gem of a story that lingers in one’s mind. [Molina] appears to be finally getting the international attention he deserves.” - Booklist, Starred Review
"A War and Peace for the Spanish Civil War, this classically sweeping novel from Molina (A Manuscript of Ashes) follows a large cast of characters, intermingling real and fictional figures, through times of both peaceful routine and grotesque violence." - Publishers Weekly
"Molina has written a book of epic proportions...the translated language is beautiful, and the story's complexity highlights human foibles with a freshness that makes for classic literature." - RT Book Reviews
About the Author
ANTONIO MUÑOZ MOLINA has twice been awarded the Premio Nacional de Literatura in Spain in addition to winning the Prix Femina in France. He lives in Madrid and New York.
EDITH GROSSMAN is the acclaimed translator of, among others, Cervantes, Gabriel García Márquez, and Mario Vargas Llosa. In 2006 she was awarded the PEN/Ralph Manheim Medal for Translation.
See all Editorial Reviews
Direct download links available for Epub In the Night of Time Hardcover
- Hardcover: 656 pages
- Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt; Tra edition (December 3, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0547547846
- ISBN-13: 978-0547547848
- Product Dimensions: 9.3 x 6.2 x 2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.6 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
Epub In the Night of Time
Very seldom do I put a book down because it is unreadable. I received this book three weeks ago and have tried to read it three times since then. Each time, I have had to put it down and move to another book. I have finished each of the other books in a short time. I don't know what is wrong between me and this book. I read a lot about the Spanish Civil War, and I looked forward to reading this book. I have books by Garcia Marquez; Allende; Manuel de lope; Javier Sierra, etc. I love the way Spanish translates into English. There is none of the awkwardness which a translator sometimes runs into when translating other languages into English. There is no reason why I shouldn't like this book, but I don't
I should mention that it may be the story itself to which I am resistant. Ignacio Abel, the anti-hero, has left his wife and three children, in war torn Madrid to travel to America. They must fend for themselves in a city under siege. Abel hasn't left his family to travel to America to make a better living for them. He has followed his mistress, an American woman, to New York in order to continue their affair.
Abel is a middle aged architect who, himself, admits he is mediocre. He envys those such as Dali, Lorca, Morena Villa and Buenel, who are the same age, with whom he went to school and who have become international names in literature and the arts. He knows he is too old to ever become anything more than he is now. All in all, this is not a scenario to give hope to the reader. This guy has no redeeming qualities. It is hard to spend time reading about this guy feeling sorry for himself.
I still remember how excited I was to get this book, and it makes my disappointment that much greater. However, we can't forget that Antonio Munoz Molina is a celebrated writer.
Download Link 1